- How can the cultural capital, how can the advantages of successful integration into our society be identified and cultivated?
- What contribution can design make in order to moderate in the efforts surrounding the occupation and integration of refugees?
- Clemens Foschi (Project Development Caritas Vienna)
- Emanuel Gollob & Georg Sampl (design collective “Františeks Praktikanten,” Vienna)
- Karin Harather (“Displaced,” Institute of Art and Design, Vienna University of Technology)
- Kai Themel (Public Employment Service Austria (AMS), skills checks).
Moderator: Harald Gründl, design theorist, head of IDRV– Institute of Design Research Vienna, designer (EOOS), Vienna
A project as part of the design> new strategies partnership between the MAK and the Vienna Business Agency, creative center departure.
Curated by: IDRV – Institute of Design Research Vienna, Harald Gruendl, Ulrike Haele
Project coordination: Thomas Geisler, Curator, MAK Design Collection; Miriam Kathrein, Vienna Business Agency, creative center departure
VIENNA BIENNALE App
Nominate your "Changemakers" for the StadtFabrik topics!
The ongoing VIENNA BIENNALE Ideas for Change app serves as a participative tool for the StadtFabrik. Changemakers can continue to be nominated for the main themes of the StadtFabrik and add to the densifying network of established creative industrial production in the city.
The changemaker nominated by the StadtFabrik [City factory] for the area INCLUSION, A Wiener, halal!, makes the typical Austrian “Wiener” hotdog stand accessible to a broader audience by adapting it to Islamic dietary restrictions (“halal”). This artistic intervention merges stereotypes and culinary traditions and inspires encounters, dialog, and mutual respect through common mealtimes.
For more on the program, please visit:
€ 14 | € 11 reduced
Free Admission for children and teens under 19