The MAK Volunteers consist of experienced people interested in art and culture who want to join in and support the MAK.
Their areas of responsibility currently include helping visitors at the ticket desk, providing active support for events, and addressing visitors on individual artistic highlights in the collection, such as Gustav Klimt’s cartoons for the Stoclet Frieze.
In the MAK Library and Works on Paper Collection, MAK Volunteers help with cataloging, auditing, and sorting and arranging inventories. Thanks to the team’s own initiatives, we are together constantly discovering new fields of activity for the volunteers.
As a MAK Volunteer you have the following privileges:
- Free admission to the MAK and its branches
- Staff discounts in the MAK Design Shop
- Unique perspectives on the collection through staff guided tours and MAK events
- Exclusive MAK curator-guided tours, to include through areas closed to the public
- Regular team meetings in a wonderful setting
- Being a part of a stimulating community interested in art
- The opportunity to help shape and join in the museum’s activities
Are you interested? Then write to us at ursula.kunodi@MAK.at.
We look forward to hearing from you!